Overseas applicants holding a foreign Baccalauréat or High School Diploma

Welcome to IUT Béziers!

You have a foreign nationality and you wish to start or continue your Higher Education studies in France, or specifically at IUT Béziers.

The procedures to be followed depend on your nationality, the country where you obtained your Baccalauréat or High School Diploma, your  place of residence and the course you are applying  for. Please read carefully the following explanation which will point you towards the correct procedure regarding your situation.


If you are applying for a DUT

If you are applying for a Licence Professionnelle

CANDIDATES FROM OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION AND SWITZERLAND, who have obtained or are about to obtain the High School Diploma

The procedure to be followed depends on the course you are applying for.

If you are applying for a DUT

  • You live in France: Admission Post-Bac,http://www.admission-postbac.fr/
  • You live overseas:
  • If you live in a country which has a Espace Campus France with  CEF (centre pour les études en France- France Study Centre) - refer to the list below - you must apply to  the Espace Campus France to obtain the visa. You must complete one registration form on the Campus France site: http://www.campusfrance.org
  • If you live in a country which does not have an Espace Campus France with   CEF, you must apply on the Admission Post-Bac site: http://www.admission-postbac.fr

Applying for licence professionnelle

Other courses  (DU, DAEU, ...)

  • You live in a country where there is an Espace Campus France with  CEF (France Study Centre for Studies): You must apply to this organisation regardless of the course and entry level you are applying for. Applications must be completed by 31 March 2010.
  • You live in a country where there is no Espace Campus France with  CEF (countries not mentioned in the CEF list below): Contact Student Registry at IUT Béziers: Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser.

List of countries with a espace campus france (CEF) and their contact details

Practical Advice

The role of the CROUS is to enhance your student life in a number of areas: catering facilities, accommodation, student grants, social and cultural life, international prospects etc.

Montpellier-Béziers-Sète Crous Site


Visit our Accommodation page

You can also visit the Town of Bézier’s student  internet site.

For a grant to help with accommodation costs visit  the Social Security site of the Caisse d'Allocation Familiale (CAF)


The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs database allows you to check whether you need a visa to come and study in France. Enter the information requested and the system will ask you what type of visa you require and will give you a comprehensive list of documents you need to provide in order to apply for it.


Administative procedures and useful advice for obtaining a student visa.


Descriptions and explanations of the various possible visas for a stay in France during your studies.



Immigration Ministry Site: http://www.immigration.gouv.fr/

Health Insurance

  • Students from the EU and Switzerland
    You already belong to the National Health Service in your home country. You should apply to your home country’s National Health Service for the E 128 form, which is gradually being replaced in each country by the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). This card is recognized in all member states of the EU and Switzerland and attests to your Health Insurance rights. It exempts you from joining the French student Health Insurance scheme. You will be asked for a photocopy of the E128 form or the EHIC card on enrolment at the IUT. A private health insurance certificate covering the university year of your studies will also exempt you from joining the French student health scheme.
  • Students from other countries, outside the European Union
    You must join the French National Health Service scheme, which costs approximately 200€ and entitles you to 70% reimbursements of health care. You may top up your rights by joining a private complementary health scheme on arrival.

    In all cases you should provide the following documents when you join a student health insurance scheme:

    - two photocopies of your passport or birth certificate (one photocopy for your health insurance scheme company, a  photocopy for the local student section you choose)
    - a Bank Identifier Code (bank or postal banking account details) to receive your refunds.

    Do not forget to bring your Health Record and your vaccinations log. You may need them in France.

Civil liability Insurance

All students must be covered by Civil Liability Insurance for accidents caused by the student to a third party and/or his property.

This insurance is obligatory for all types of living accommodation.



Calendriers Festival du Fantastique de Béziers
Date vendredi 7 octobre 2022 - dimanche 9 octobre 2022
Marathon MMI
lundi 30 janvier 2023 - vendredi 3 février 2023
JPO IUT Béziers 2023
samedi 11 février 2023