Overseas applicants holding a foreign Baccalauréat or High School Diploma
Welcome to IUT Béziers!
You have a foreign nationality and you wish to start or continue your Higher Education studies in France, or specifically at IUT Béziers.
The procedures to be followed depend on your nationality, the country where you obtained your Baccalauréat or High School Diploma, your place of residence and the course you are applying for. Please read carefully the following explanation which will point you towards the correct procedure regarding your situation.
APPLICANTS FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION AND SWITZERLAND:
If you are applying for a DUT
- You should complete your registration form on Admission Post-Bac : http://www.admission-postbac.fr/
If you are applying for a Licence Professionnelle
- You should complete your registration form on CIELL2 : https://adiut1.iut-candidatures.fr/CiellCommun
CANDIDATES FROM OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION AND SWITZERLAND, who have obtained or are about to obtain the High School Diploma
The procedure to be followed depends on the course you are applying for.
If you are applying for a DUT
- You live in France: Admission Post-Bac,http://www.admission-postbac.fr/
- You live overseas:
- If you live in a country which has a Espace Campus France with CEF (centre pour les études en France- France Study Centre) - refer to the list below - you must apply to the Espace Campus France to obtain the visa. You must complete one registration form on the Campus France site: http://www.campusfrance.org
- If you live in a country which does not have an Espace Campus France with CEF, you must apply on the Admission Post-Bac site: http://www.admission-postbac.fr
Applying for licence professionnelle
- You live in France :https://adiut1.iut-candidatures.fr/CiellCommun
- You live overseas :
- If you live in a country which has an Espace Campus France with CEF (centre for Studies in France), refer to the list below, you must apply to the Espace campus France to obtain the visa. You must complete one registration form on the Campus France site: http://www.campusfrance.org/ (as well as the Admission Post-Bac file). You must complete one registration form on the campus France site: http://www.campusfrance.org
- If you live in a country which does not have a Espace Campus France with CEF, you must apply on the CIELL2 site: https://adiut1.iut-candidatures.fr/CiellCommun
Other courses (DU, DAEU, ...)
- You live in a country where there is an Espace Campus France with CEF (France Study Centre for Studies): You must apply to this organisation regardless of the course and entry level you are applying for. Applications must be completed by 31 March 2010.
The role of the CROUS is to enhance your student life in a number of areas: catering facilities, accommodation, student grants, social and cultural life, international prospects etc.
Visit our Accommodation page
You can also visit the Town of Bézier’s student internet site.
For a grant to help with accommodation costs visit the Social Security site of the Caisse d'Allocation Familiale (CAF)
The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs database allows you to check whether you need a visa to come and study in France. Enter the information requested and the system will ask you what type of visa you require and will give you a comprehensive list of documents you need to provide in order to apply for it.
Administative procedures and useful advice for obtaining a student visa.
Descriptions and explanations of the various possible visas for a stay in France during your studies.
Immigration Ministry Site: http://www.immigration.gouv.fr/
- Students from the EU and Switzerland
You already belong to the National Health Service in your home country. You should apply to your home country’s National Health Service for the E 128 form, which is gradually being replaced in each country by the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). This card is recognized in all member states of the EU and Switzerland and attests to your Health Insurance rights. It exempts you from joining the French student Health Insurance scheme. You will be asked for a photocopy of the E128 form or the EHIC card on enrolment at the IUT. A private health insurance certificate covering the university year of your studies will also exempt you from joining the French student health scheme.
Students from other countries, outside the European Union
You must join the French National Health Service scheme, which costs approximately 200€ and entitles you to 70% reimbursements of health care. You may top up your rights by joining a private complementary health scheme on arrival.
In all cases you should provide the following documents when you join a student health insurance scheme:
- two photocopies of your passport or birth certificate (one photocopy for your health insurance scheme company, a photocopy for the local student section you choose)
- a Bank Identifier Code (bank or postal banking account details) to receive your refunds.
Do not forget to bring your Health Record and your vaccinations log. You may need them in France.
Civil liability Insurance
All students must be covered by Civil Liability Insurance for accidents caused by the student to a third party and/or his property.
This insurance is obligatory for all types of living accommodation.